Thursday, September 1, 2011

A visit to Pabrik Tegel Kunci in Yogya


Behind this terrace, there are a small office and quite large tiles factory












Last year we made the first visit to a tiles factory in Yogyakarta. The location is right in the city centre, at Jl. Pathuk, a street which is very famous for its 'pia' snack vendors. If I am not mistaken, the facotry is just next to the famous pia vendor 'Pathuk 25'.

From the outside, the factory did not look like a factory. It was more like an old (and abandoned) house. But behind the terrace, there was a small office and quite large factory. I also observed a number of workers made the hand-made tiles and I saw in a glance the storage room where they kept the ready-to-deliver tiles order.

But I was quickly drawn into the display of their tiles sample. The display was unique as they are alreaded cemented on the floor. So I was busy to look down to the floor to make sure I did not miss any tiles for my attention.

I was indeed overwhelmed with the vast selection of tiles patterns and  colours!!

I took many2 pictures of the tiles samples, but I used my camera phone which resulted not so clear pictures. But they are already eye candy for me.


Pssst, I will make more posts in regards to Tegel Kunci, as I had plenty of photos to be posted.



MATTA INDONESIA
Jl. Pakuningratan 70 Yogyakarta 55233
Telp. (0274) 512707, 517505 Fax. (0274) 517505, 869191

Factory : Pabrik Tegel Kunci - Jl. KS Tubun 95 Yogyakarta - Telp. (0274) 566432 Fax. (0274) 566432

No comments:

Post a Comment