Thursday, September 1, 2011

Raffles Hotel Singapore - a colonial style hotel












One day, my DH had a business trip in Singapore and he stayed at Stamford Hotel which happened to be next to Raffles Hotel.
As our Naim Project is really inspired by the Colonila style building, he took several pictures of Raffles Hotel for our further inspiration.

Things that we like about Raffles Hotel design: and might apply these ideas in our Naim Project:
  • The wall is painted in white yet the windows are all covered in cream paints. And it turns out to be a very nice combination. Not too pale!
  • The roof is from red brick roof (not ceramic roof) which made the overall design looks quite elegant.
  • The use of wall and colum details, lamps in the corridor are very consistent throughout the hotel and I personally think that this is one of the attribute for Colonial style.

Note: I have no architectural background whatsoever but I like to observe beautiful designs/buildings/homes that suit to my lifestyle. So my comments are truly from the amateur one lol

No comments:

Post a Comment